So I was thinking about what items are essential for college. In my last post I featured the items that I want, but don't necessarily need. Above I have featured a few key items to bring with you to college. There are definitely many more must-haves, but for now these top my list.
1. Rain boots. For the inevitable rainy days, these boots are essential for walking across campus to class. The red of these Hunter boots is striking, and would definitely make a statement. Not to mention, their vibrance would certainly contrast the dull rainy days.
2. An umbrella. Same philosophy for the rain boots applies to umbrellas. Get a bright umbrella that is sure to stand out. This Lily Pulitzer version is sure to do the trick.
3. Backpack. Getting a backpack for college is obvious. As I mentioned in my last post, they definitely are more functional and responsible than a huge tote or satchel. When buying a backpack, make sure to get one big enough to hold books, notebooks, and your laptop. They don't have to be boring either. This polka-dotted backpack from Herschel Supply Co. is super cute, and colorful.
4. Dry shampoo. This is for the mornings when your dorm bed somehow feels extra comfortable so you hit the snooze button on your alarm once, or three times. A little of this before 8am classes can go a long way.
5. Small cross body or chain wallet. Almost everyone has heard that carrying a lanyard around your neck is "so freshman". In order to avoid this campus faux pas invest in a small cross body or a chain wallet like this one from Tory Burch to hold your college ID, license, money, and anything else you would normally hold in a forbidden lanyard.
Be sure to check back here regularly for more college and campus related posts.